Q. How can I renew an Interlibrary Loan book?
Some ILL books can be renewed. How you renew your ILL book depends on your home campus. Most schools allow you to renew by logging into your ILL account.
To renew this way, log into your home campus ILL, choose “check out items” à choose the transaction number of the book à choose “renew request.”
ILL books cannot be renewed once they are overdue.
BSU: ILL account
CP: ILL account
SU: ILL account
- Renewal requests should be made 5 days prior to the due date on the book's cover.
TU: ILL account
- TIP: To get the maximum renewal period, wait until the book due date is 2 days away. renew
- NOTE: If the book band is labeled "No Renewals," Then it cannot be renewed.
- If the item is overdue, it may not be renewed.
UB: ILL account
UMB: ILL account
UMBC: ILL account
- Requests for renewal should be made 2 days in advance of the item's due date.
UMES: ILL account
- Requests for renewal should be made 5 days in advance of the item's due date.
UMUC: ILL account
- Loans may be renewed up to 5 times