What do I need to do to search for peer related articles for my social work class?


Hi Alisha,

Peer-reviewed articles are found in scholarly journals. A video explaining scholarly articles is linked below. Peer-reviewed articles are evaluated by other researchers and experts in the same field. 

If you're using EBSCO databases such as SOCIndex or Academic Search Premier, then a search option will be peer-reviewed journals. You can check the box so that all of your results will be from peer-reviewed journals. This option usually falls under Search Options -> Limit Your Results. I've attached a picture to show where the option is usually located. 

If you're not sure which database to begin searching, try UMBC's article search as a general starting point. The tutorial linked below explains how to use UMBC's article search to find peer-reviewed articles.

As always, we are available to help you in person if you'd like a demonstration. You can contact me if you have further questions.



  • Last Updated May 14, 2017
  • Views 212
  • Answered By Madhu Singh

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0